RSS

Biting the P90X Bullet - Day 2

One of the benefits I hoped to get from our move to CO was a healthier lifestyle thru biking, hiking, walking, and jogging. Well, that hasn't quite happened. I have enjoyed a few family hikes and the occasional work out, but have managed to push the scale and my waistband in the opposite direction.

So, I am giving P90X a shot.

I started yesterday with the back/chest exercise session consisting of push ups and pull ups. It was a pretty hilarious experience. There were definitely more giggles than actual push ups. My arms were toast within the first few minutes and shaking more than a leaf in a gusty wind. At the end of it, I went on to attempt the ab ripper which was just as entertaining.

Day 2 was yoga like stretches which is right up my alley, so it was a thoroughly invigorating hour long workout without the hilarity of yesterday.

Both workouts have left me well energized and not exhausted. I feel the work of what I have done without feeling like I need to collapse. This helps to keep me interested and curious to see what the next day has in store. I am enjoying the challenge and hope it continues to peak my interest long enough to get some serious results. I am not looking to be ripped...just able to fit in my pre-kid clothes and not look like a muffin in my jeans.

There are times I feel like I should be the poster child for ADD since it can be hard to hold my attention and that doesn't bode well with most workouts. I have done many varied workouts on and off over the years, but not necessarily for the benefits of muscle confusion, but more so out of boredom. Here's to hoping P90X has the ability to keep me entertained and interested enough to stick with it and succeed in beating this doughy hamburger bun body into flat bread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment